What’s on the menu!
Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara (my version)
A tried and true delicious meal. Simple and quick, 45 min max. I have made this dish more then a dozen time over the past year. I never made it with scallops, usually I make it with chicken and shrimp, or chicken and sausage. I made it again this past weekend for my son and his 2 friends. Needless to say there were no leftovers.
- 2 jars classic 4 cheese alfredo
- 1 can chicken stock
- Chicken breast cut into chunks, shrimp, cut kielbasa sausage, scallops ( what ever meat you decide, or all) 1 tbsp butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 5 strips of bacon cooked – save grease
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese or (cheese of choice parmesan,roman0)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 box pasta (fettucine, spaghetti, linguine, etc.)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In large skillet. Add half of bacon grease (Save some for your sauce) and small amount of oil. Add red peppers, chopped parsley and garlic, cook for 5 min.
- Add chicken, shrimp, sausage (or meat of choice) to pan. Add salt and pepper. Turning all for 8-10 min. Put aside.
- In pot Add 1 1/2 jars of alfredo sauce, add 1 can of chicken stock, 1 tbsp. butter (margarine), rest of bacon grease, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Simmer on low heat. Constantly stirring.
- Cook your pasta until it is el dente. I don’t know how to measure pasta, I use a little more than half of package.
- In baking dish – Add cooked and drained pasta, add chicken mixture, crumble 2 strips of bacon over pasta and chicken mixture, add sauce. Mix all together, while adding sauce. Add the rest of sauce on top
- Sprinkle rest of bacon (crumbled)
- Sprinkle rest of cheese (1 cup) on top of bacon
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 min- 20 min ( top will have some browning)
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 5 min.
- Serve and enjoy.